Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh my goodness!

Have you ever just laid back, and looked at the beauty of things? Like the other day, in a drunken stupor, I arrived home from a party at 4 in the morning and then I looked up at the night/early morning sky and said, "wow these stars really are something else. I can't believe it." And I walked inside my dorm room with a smile full of awe and wonder across my face. That was a good night. I know there are going to be many more nights like that, and many more wonderful days as well. I think that if you just step back, and take a look at the bigger picture, you'll find something worth wondering about. Or if you even look at the smaller stuff, you'll find something you really love. You could be down and out, but listen to the birds. :) It's beautiful, there natural song, they don't have to try, it just comes out, like breathing for us humans. Involuntary. Something to wonder about. :D Or if you have nothing to do, you can just listen to music. The world's universal language, which I believe to the fullest extent, to be true. One thing a professor on campus said very recently, that I whole-heartedly embrace is, "I think the greatest thing about my life, is that I wake up with wonder every morning. Isn't that something beautiful?" Said by Dr. Jon Talberg, and I will never forget it for as long as I live.

3 comments:

  1. So very true!! There are so many things in life people take for granted or fail to notice. Taking some time to really appreciate things in life is a joy. And wondering what things are, where they came from, and why they are there can bring so many possibilities to the mind. I agree with you completely that music is the universal language... it speaks to anyone and everyone. As for the quote from your professor, I think that is an amazing quote to live your life by. Why don't more people take the time to wonder and appreciate things in life and life in general? I definitely will from now on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you appreciate my blog post Emily, and I ask myself the same thing!!! Why DON'T people take time to wonder. Probably because it's foreign to them. I don't know. But yeah, it really is a beautiful quote, I find that emotion overcomes me each time I read it. Thanks for your input, Emillllly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh the things you whip up last minute Jake! So inspirational! :D

    ReplyDelete